Monday, November 21, 2005

Vegas: Final Day

So, saved the best for last.

Justin is my hero, and as always a wonderful and dear friend. He decided on a lark to fly to Vegas and meet up with me. I was stunned really, that was just so cool! Okay, so he arrived at about 8:30 and we were off like a shot. First stop, finally made it to Quark's! It was a bit smaller than I had envisioned but boy were the drinks neat! The drinks were about the size of a fish bowl and bubbling and smoking. They were called Warp Core Breaches. Coolest drink EVAR! So two of those later, and some Targ Ribs and Telaxian Sand Shrimp and we were starting to feel adventure creep up on us. We decided to first go gamble a little, but our taxi driver convinces us otherwise, taking us instead to a place that vends boobies as if they were some sort of national commodity. The nerve! It is amazing this product really. It's soft, it smells good and you walk away with less money and nothing to show for it. That's like the best profit margin in the world.

So then we do end up gambling. Texas Holdem 1-2 no limit at the MGM. Many free drinks later I lose $200, Justin makes $200. To the bar for a couple shots each and we for some odd reason decide we need to hit up an Irish bar. Over to the New York at Nine Fine Irish Men we have a couple Guinness... Guinness'? Guinni? Couple dark beers down the hatch and Justin has an inkling for some Blackjack which if I recall he does rather well at.

Now... this is where things get a little fuzzy. For some reason we need to go to the Gold Nugget. Something about cheap blackjack tables or something because this side of the strip the cheapest blackjack tables are $10. That's a lot o cash. Problem is, this ends up being pretty far away. Right after we get there in the taxi, Justin doesn't feel so well so we don't make it to the table. There is some hemming and hawing, and some praying. I bravely guard my friend at the porcelain gates and make sure the security guards don't take him to the joint. Yes, Jen is going to kill me I know. Finally get him on his feet and carry him out of the place though no taxi will take us. We take a little walk which reminds me of that movie "Weekend with Burnie". Find a bus that will take us back to the MGM for $2 each. Neat! We get halfway there and at one of the stops Justin finds one of the garbage cans outside of the bus particularly interesting. After inspecting it thoroughly I talk him through our next plan. Plan is, "act natural". So Justin it turns out is a thespian. He acts PERFECTLY natural and the next taxi we see takes us. We do make it to the hotel this time and are in bed by 4:30am. Sweet!

Get up at 8am and leave to go catch my plane. Justin is resting soundly and snug as a baby. I tell the front desk to go easy on him. Plane ride was uneventful as I am not awake for it. Call Justin when I get to San Jose and he sounds surprisingly lucid and awake. Joy of joys, it sounds like he's gonna pull through!

So that spells the end of my adventure. Made it out with nary a scrape or bruise and more money left over than I thought I'd have.

Again, Justin thank you so much for coming to hang out with me. That is one of the coolest things a friend has ever done for me.

-Aaron

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...vomit in a trash can...I am glad what happened in Vegas stayed at Vegas

11/23/2005 07:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I miss all the fun!

11/25/2005 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home