Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ren Faire: Episode II



At least I have shoes!
The weekend started well with everyone feeling refreshed and chipper. A great day of barking and hawking was had and the evening approached. This is the day we decided to have a cocktail walk. Dressed to the nines we were greeted by many a lovely man and woman. I was honored to have Pardis on my arm. So martinis in hand we walked, nay jaunted... NAY sauntered our way about faire declaring oaths to our pure marvelous fabulousness. We stopped and admired mirrors or their contents there in. We chuckled haughtily to the common folk as we passed for they were surely better for having experienced our mere presence. It was marvelous!

No need to change clothes we quickly got into the swing of things by gallivanting about the faire. Our fencing school got their best with their electric gear to fence on the main stage, exciting to be sure. We found an auction going on and I was able to place the winning bid on a box containing six pairs of size 10 women's shoes! Woe to all who could not out-bin me! I was able to sell off a pair for a fine sum of 73 cents, and that is just the start of it. Who knows what nefarious uses I will be able to conjure with this odious footwear!

The next day was a day of contemplative recovery. By that I mean a little nap here and there but I managed to get some fencing lessons in. Just doing my part teaching men to be manly with sharp pointy objects. Also, we invented a wonderful new variation of fencing called "Privy Fencing". I do not believe it is a sanctioned sport but we hope to have it accepted soon as an honorary olympic sport. It involves challenging one to a duel outside a small privy, climbing inside and having at it. I am sure a better level of understanding would come of watching it for yourselves.

Ending with a trip to our favorite pizza place Engford's and a good night of movies and sleep. One more weekend and it will be lights out for my flashy Italian slops until the next year come.

EDIT: I found an old laser disk with these photos on it. I origionally had them on film but I taped over it with re-runs of "The Love Boat". These photos are slightly touched up but they have bad resolution. Also, I am including the photos you don't want at all for a nominal fee because I think they are better. Here you go!



-Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home