Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Mommy Dearest



Last weekend, as I mentioned previously, my mom came to visit me and help outfit my new place. I must say that was one of the greatest coolest things she has ever done and I am really quite happy about it. Thank you Mom.

This week I am finishing up the move. Yesterday I did the final cleaning and this Saturday I am filling in all the holes in the wall from where I hung the speakers and pictures. I am kind of unhappy about the need to punch holes in the walls to hang stuff up and would like some suggestions for an alternative to that. Otherwise I may forgo pictures this time. I have the speakers set up in such a way that they are head level and perfectly placed around the room without hanging them on the wall which is quite nice. The acoustics in the room are actually quite grand and I have been spending a bit of time watching movies because they just sound so great! I even got some used movies that I remember having excellent sound. It is quite a thing to watch Master and Commander for the 35th time with really good sound.

I also planted a garden! Now to see if I have a green thumb or a rake. I planted thyme, marjoram, sage, chives, oregano, parsley, onions, pumpkins, tomatoes, chili peppers, ancho peppers, habanero peppers, carrots and some nice flowers. It's right outside my front door too so I water it lightly every time I leave the house. It works out great!

So now with everything moved, there is still some unpacking left but I am almost done. I am thrilled with the prospect of being "done" so I can have an entire day to just sit and have nothing left to do with this move. Those kind of days are so rare. We will see if I can have one of them soon.

Also, I have been without an internet connection at home for close to two weeks. I almost died.

In other news, Snakes on a Plane is coming out this Friday. Now I am sure you, like I at one time, may be thinking or at one time thought that this movie was going to be the stupidest movie ever created. Not only is it a really dumb idea for a plot but the producer claims to have changed the script four times over the course of the seven years of filming or whatnot. I am not savvy on the details but it spells 'B' movie. So how is it getting the advertising budget? Elementary my dear Watson, this movie is going to be great! Either that or it is the best viral marketing campaign ever. The concept of this movie is all over the internet, fan films already being made about it and you can even have Samuel Jackson talk to you. So either this Friday the entire world will let out a terrible groan of agony when they all go to see it, or it will be the next Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

See you at the movies!

-Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home