Monday, December 01, 2003

Thanksgiving weekend



So I wouldn't exactly call this holiday weekend boring...

Thursday night had a wonderful evening with . Went out for dinner at a yummy steak house which also had a nice vegetarian dish. Afterwards we went to see Haunted Mansion which was pretty good. After that I made the trek to my dad's house. Had a great dinner Thursday night when I got there and a game of Pictionary. Friday morning we worked some on the bed, got it a little further along and then Thanksgiving dinner again at the Heacock's house. What a dinner that was. Then an amazing thing happened. We went to some guy's house for a little party. What was his name? His name was Frank Hannon. Through a strange twist of fate and an invite from my step-sister's husband who is the son of someone who did sound for Tesla, we ended up at a sort of band reunion party or something. Pretty neat huh? Also at the party was Dickey Betts from The Allman Brothers. Neato! Heard them jam out in Frank's well equipped and gold album adorned living room to some great tunes including a sizzling cover of War Pigs. Nothing, though, could compare to seeing my dad jamming with the band.



Sorry the picture is so bad, the lighting didn't agree with my phone camera too well.

Saturday all day worked on the bed from 9am to midnight until it was finished. Quite a weekend huh? Well, it doesn't end there.

Sunday I donned my pirate hat at a wonderful birthday party for Mike D. There was gambling, lot's of pirate loot to be gotten and plenty of menacing 'Arrrr!' s to be heard as the Pirates of Santa Cruz plundered the Donnegan/Davidson apartment. Rum, homebrew, port, whiskey and a trip to the Poet...



...and I was finally able to go to sleep. Thanks Mike for the great party!

In other news, as the bed is finally finished, I will probably be spending next weekend setting it, and the rest of my room up. Should be a blast and I will of course have pictures posted of the bed when it is assembled. When all is said and done, it cost $450 for power tools (which went to my dad for his birthday), $400 for wood and another $150 for hardware and other supplies. An even thousand is not bad for a custom bed really, but you can just take my word for it.

Music pick: Utah Saints - For inane house beats and cute girl voice clips, look no further!

Movie pick: Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World - Best movie I have seen this year, and the only one tempting me to go back and see it again in theaters.

-Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home